can we resurrect linux-firefox-1.5 ?

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Tue Jan 16 22:07:42 UTC 2007

> If you had any idea how many RFC's IE violates and and how many bugs there
> are in it you would never have made a statement like that.

I don't think here ever said that IE was *better*, just that it was
necessary for certain sites (which is undeniably true) and that if
all you have available is Firefox then you at least want to have a working
stable Firefox.

It does seem to boil down the the flash issue though - for me native
Firefox is stable, until I try and add flash. So I live without flash,
but that measn there are a number of things I just can't do, as well as
the IE only sites (which are becomming rare). In the end I bundle any such jobs
up and do them at home where I keep an x64-XP box for such things. If the
most stable flash enabled player on FreeBSD is linux-firefox 1.5 then it
would be nice to have it in ports.

-pete.