mpd sometimes hangs the whole system?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Tue Feb 20 17:08:53 UTC 2007

At 11:35 AM 2/20/2007, Alex Povolotsky wrote:

>Thanks a lot, I've added invariants and witness; if it won't yield
>any information, I'll try more.
>
>So far, this cursed thing is working with some load for 2 hours,
>that's much. It does NOT, surely NOT try to tunnel tunnelled
>traffic; any serialconsole setup is useless since it is also a main
>gateway. If it dies, nothing but physical access can help.

Although not a hard fast rule, I have found that if the box locks up
to the point where a BREAK on the serial console does not send it to
the debugger prompt, is usually a sign of a hardware lockup as
opposed to a software bug.

What is the chipset of the MB ? Does ichwd work with it to reset it ?

         ---Mike