mpd sometimes hangs the whole system?

Alex Povolotsky tarkhil at webmail.sub.ru
Tue Feb 20 16:35:18 UTC 2007

Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
> Alex Povolotsky пишет:
>> mpd (fresh) on FreeBSD 6.1p12 sometimes hangs system, totally, to
>> reset. Tried two completely different boxes, so it cannot be a
>> hardware problem.
>
> It's easy to reproduce? Can you try make debug-friendly kernel?
RELATIVELY easy. It happens about once a day or more often; but it
requires someone to press Reset.

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-deadlocks.html
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-online-ddb.html

Thanks a lot, I've added invariants and witness; if it won't yield any
information, I'll try more.

So far, this cursed thing is working with some load for 2 hours, that's
much. It does NOT, surely NOT try to tunnel tunnelled traffic; any
serialconsole setup is useless since it is also a main gateway. If it
dies, nothing but physical access can help.

Alex.