install on usb hdd

Zoran Kolic zkolic at sbb.co.yu
Sat Feb 10 12:18:24 UTC 2007

Howdy!
I tried to install 6.2 amd64 on external usb hdd, but with no result.
It is 2.5 WD and enclosure with two usb connectors for power. The box
is not visible from bios at all, even when I use powered usb hub. Is
it possible to install on external device like this? Product is from
canyon. Should I buy another enclosure or look for internal 3.5 drive?
Note: neither bios nor installation cd see the external drive. What
could I do to have it working?

                                         Zoran