I just broke out of a FreeBSD jail.. Known bug??

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Fri Dec 28 04:57:12 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 01:15:38PM +0100, Johan Str?m wrote:
> Thats my home dir on core!.. That should very much not be visible
> there! I have full access now (from the wrong jail!)
>
> Known bug or did I just stumble upon something pretty bad??

You didn't really break out of it, the person who managed the machine
did something he shouldn't have done: Moving the directories while
the jail(s) were running. It should be mentioned in the BUGS section
of the jail(8) command.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org