BETA4 and powerd (not doing anything)

Hugo Silva hugo at barafranca.com
Thu Dec 13 15:22:40 PST 2007

Hi,

Reporting another issue on BETA4, powerd isn't adapting the cpu
frequency at all on my system - running it with -v shows that it selects
APM, and then sits doing nothing.

If if would check AC status via hw.acpi.battery.state (2=AC power
1=battery), (at least on) this system it would work:::

 From powerd.c:
#define ACPIAC          "hw.acpi.acline"
(...)
if (sysctlnametomib(ACPIAC, acline_mib, &len) == 0) {

hw.acpi.acline does not exist (on this system, at least) but
hw.acpi.battery.state does, and is immediatly changed as soon as I
plug/unplug ac power.

Best regards,

Hugo