Also seeing 2 x quad-core system slower that 2 x dual core

Andreas Pettersson andpet at telia.com
Fri Dec 7 13:03:10 PST 2007

Claus Guttesen wrote:
> could either replace my 10K rpm drives (in raid 1+0) with 15K ditto
> which would require a downtime which we could not afford at this tim

I have several times successfully upgraded mirrored volumes with new
disks without any downtime at all. Just change one disk, let the mirror
rebuild, change the other disk, wait for rebuild again, tell the logical
drive to present all the new space and then extend the filesystem. No
downtime.

--
Andreas