usb evdo device

Stephen Clark Stephen.Clark at seclark.us
Mon Aug 27 13:56:21 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to get a Novatel Wireless Ovation U720 EVDO modem to work
with Freebsd.
So far I am not having any luck. When it is plugged in it is recognizes
as a ugen device it
needs to look like a serial device, as it is sort of like a hayes modem.

It has a vendor id of 0x1410 and a product id of 0x2110. I tried adding
these to
usbdevs and ubsa.c but it is still recognized as ugen0.

Plugging it into a linux laptop it is recognize as a ttyUSBn device and
using ppp we were able to
get connected to the internet. I would like to be able to use it with
Freebsd 6.2 though.

Thanks,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)