powerd freeze with amd 5000 X2 but not with lower cpus

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu Aug 23 05:10:57 PDT 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 00:17:56 Ian Smith wrote:

> Call me curious, but (assuming that you're tuning for performance, not
> economy, and so will always run these boxes on AC power, not battery):
>
>   a) why you think that line in /etc/rc.d/power_profile is 'funny'?

well, in first place because it gave an error, I haven't looked deeper at that
moment because I was after something else

so now I did because of your question and it seems the power_profile script
has a bug

I tries to set hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest=C1

but I guess it should be dev.cpu.0.cx_lowest

>   b) what value for performance_cx_lowest you would consider more
>      appropriate to use than C1, and why?

I didn't said that, My comment was not regarding the value but the error per
se

>   c) whether you have overridden the /etc/defaults/rc.conf values for
>      {performance,economy}_cx_lowest or {performance,economy}_cpu_freq ?

no

--

João