radeon drm does not attach

Daniel Dvořák dandee at hellteam.net
Thu Sep 28 20:03:20 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a problem with drm dri radeon and similar stuff for long time, and
every time it begins with (not)detection radeon X600.

In FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and PC-BSD 1.2(6.1-RELEASE-p2+custom kernel drm and
radeon compiled in), if drm and radeon devices are compiled in kernel, the
card is not detected correct and drm0 is not attached.

It was the same with loadding kernel modul through loader.conf in
6.0-RELEASE.

So dri r300 and similar stuff could not work at all. :(

Today I tested with 6.2-BETA1 with loadding kernel modul radeon.ko and
drm.ko through loader.conf, and IT WORKS at the end !!! Voila !

It is the first time when it works, I tried it a year ago and no success.

Is it  some type of chance or really some in drm radeon and these stuff have
changed radically ???

Could anybody confirm that issue ?

It seems that drm, radeon modules compiled in kernel did not detect PCIE
cards at all.

dmesg is attached.

P.S.: I am not currently subscribed in the freebsd-stable and
freebsd-questions mailling lists, so mail me directly. Thanks.