6.2? (fwd)

kama kama at pvp.se
Wed Sep 13 04:07:26 PDT 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Andras Gót wrote:
>  > Oliver Fromme wrote:
>  > > kama wrote:
>  > > > Why isnt there any notice about it on the webpage
>  > > > or on this mailing list?
>  > >
>  > > It's on the webpage (under "Release Engineering"):
>  > >
>  > > http://www.freebsd.org/releng/
>  > >
>  > > I don't think there's need to announce it on this mailing
>  > > list.  The fact that RELENG_6 entered code-freeze is
>  > > important for comitters and (some) developers, but not for
>  > > normal users of the -stable branch.
>  >
>  > Sure but it's only a schedule.
>
> That's true, and the schedule will most probably change.
> Currently the release is listed for Oct. 9th, but I bet
> that it'll be delayed.

I disagree, I would like to have an notice about it. Even though it might
not say much. Just a "The code of the stable branch has been freezed due
to the upcomming release of X.Y"

>  > The main purpose of the public release process would be that WE
>  > the users can see/check what are the problems that needs testing
>  > or anything.
>
> Yes, which will be announced when BETA state begins, I
> assume.  PRERELEASE isn't BETA (yet).

PR->BETA->RC->REL ? Is that the correct order?

Never the less. I was thinking of RC and not PR, when I posted the
message. And search for the TODO list on the webpage.

/Bjorn