ARRRRGH! Guys, who's breaking -STABLE's GMIRROR code?!

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Sun Sep 10 17:11:19 PDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 10:15:20PM +0300, Reko Turja wrote:
> [...]

No, I would like -STABLE to be treated as what it is claimed to be - BETA
code, not ALPHA code.

There's a huge difference between the two, and MFCing something back to
-STABLE without testing the <BASIC> functionality of the module you're working
with first does not fit the BETA model (it DOES fit the Alpha model.)

This is coming from someone who has run FreeBSD in a production environment
for basically 10 years, and has even sometimes used -CURRENT during that time
(with full knowledge that running THAT is, indeed, ALPHA code!)

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org		Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com	Musings Of A Sentient Mind