ARRRRGH! Guys, who's breaking -STABLE's GMIRROR code?!

Michael Abbott michael at araneidae.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 13:11:26 PDT 2006

>> You can track changes to a particular release - say by using
>> RELENG_6_1 rather than RELENG_6. In which case, would you still
>> say you are tracking STABLE?
> If I track RELENG_6 (once 6.0-RELEASE has gone out) then I'm by definition
> tracking -STABLE.

Damn, I'm confused now.  Let me try and get this straight:

CURRENT
 	This is, by definition, broken a good part of the time, and is
what it says, namely current, ie work in progress.

STABLE
 	This is broken some of the time and .. uh .. isn't really all that
stable, actually.

RELENG_n_m
 	This is completely stable and only tracks security fixes.

RELENG_n (RELENG_6 at the moment)
 	Has somebody just said that RELENG_6 = STABLE?  I'm going to guess
then that RELENG_7 is CURRENT.
 	No, this doesn't make sense to me at all.

> Indeed, the current tag on my CVS tree is TRELENG_6!

Eh?  T?