Watchdog Timeout - bge devices

David G Lawrence dg at dglawrence.com
Wed Oct 4 05:25:07 UTC 2006

> Very interesting data point.  I wonder if this accounts for some of the
> inconsistency in the reporting from others.  In any case, SCHED_ULE is
> still considered to be highly experimental.  Hopefully it will get some
> more attention in the near future to bring it closer to production
> quality.

   I'm not using SCHED_ULE on any of the machines that I'm seeing the
timeout problem with em and fxp devices. I suspect the problem has to do
with interrupt thread scheduling; maybe SCHED_ULE just somehow makes the
problem worse?

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.