vr speed issues

David Nguyen david at evxtech.com.au
Thu Nov 30 16:48:38 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm much help, I have the same chipset, VIA Rhine II on
a 6.1-p10 and works fine on a production server

# pciconf -lv
vr0 at pci0:18:0:  class=0x020000 card=0x1421147b chip=0x30651106 rev=0x78
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'VIA Technologies Inc'
    device   = 'VT6102 Rhine II PCI Fast Ethernet Controller'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet

The ping -s 1500 other.host works with no packet loss.

You chip id looks the same, but the revision looks slightly newer.

Cheers
David