ufs_dirbad: bad dir panic (Was Areca Weirdness)

Lawrence Farr freebsd-stable at epcdirect.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 03:54:37 PST 2006

I made a volume that was under 2Tb and installed directly onto the
Areca rather than the ATA drive. This has now run without issue for
a week. Strangely, I did the same test on the ATA drive prior to this
and it worked without issue for a week. Quite why it doesn't work with
the ATA as the boot device and the Areca as storage is beyond me.