pam.d/sshd

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Nov 23 06:03:12 PST 2006

Stefan Thurner wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Stefan Thurner wrote:
 > > > I would like to activate ssh-agent automatically if I login
 > > > via ssh.
 > >
 > > As far as I know there is no mechanism to start ssh-agent
 > > automatically.  (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
 >
 > the session module of pam_ssh.so should do that.

Right.  But according to the manpage it kills the agent
upon close of the seesion, which I don't want.  The script
snippet that I pasted lets the agent run permanently, and
only starts a new one if necessary (e.g. after a reboot).

Best regards
   Oliver

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little,
we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."
        -- Mother Teresa