hp c class blade

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 14:06:35 PST 2006

>  > I've installed FreeBSD 6.2 RC1 onto a BL460c blade. The installation
>  > itself went fine, but there is no network. The nic is on a broadcom 16
>  > ports GB switch on the backside of the blade-chassis.
>
> What kind of NIC is it?  Type "pcicinf -lv" and look for it.
> If you tell us the name, vendor ID and device ID (or even
> better, the whole section from pciconf output), someone
> might be able to tell you details about the support status
> of it in FreeBSD.

After reading http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-stable@freebsd.org/msg83981.html
I added:

{ BRCM_VENDORID, BRCM_DEVICEIDBCM7808S, HP_VENDORID, 0x16AC,
  "HP ... ADAPTER" },

to /usr/src/sys/dev/bce/if_bce.c.

After reboot I get SerDes controllers not supported in dmesg,
device_attach: bce0 attach returned 19.

Pciconf -lv says:

bce0 at pci7:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x703b103c chip=0x16ac14e4 rev=0x11 hdr=0x00
vendor = Broadcom Corporation'
class = networl
subclass = ethernet

bce1 likewise.

There doesn't seem to be any available drivers atm. I (even :-)) tried
ubuntu 6.10 server (amd64) and it didn't detect any network-cards
either.

The switch is a 16 ports gb passthrough switch.

regards
Claus