misc/amanda-server: amfetchdump segmentation fault

Andy Hilker ah at crypta.net
Thu Nov 16 02:20:49 PST 2006

Hi,

Since 2.5.1p1,1 the amfetchdump utility does not work anymore:

-- snap --
$ amfetchdump -a -c CONFIG HOST da0s1e 20061108 1
Scanning /home/amanda/hold...
1 tape(s) needed for restoration
sh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  amfetchdump -a -c CONFIG HOST da0s1e 20061108 1
-- snap --

With strings on the .core file I have found:
Shared object "nss_dns.so.1" not found, required by "amfetchdump"
This "nss_dns.so.1" seems to be related to FreeBSD specific patches
which other ports needed in the past... (google result). But I am
not sure if this is the reason for the segmentation fault.

Is there anybody out where amfetchdump works in 2.5.1p1,1?
Or any other idea? I can supply more information as needed.

Regards,
Andy