RELENG_6 panic under heavy load

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Wed Nov 15 10:24:29 PST 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 01:53:45PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> From alc@:
>
> ---
> I've never seen anything like this before.  UMA is failing to allocate
> the zone structure.  This is unrelated to the large-swap scenario that
> you ran into.  Ask him to uncomment all of the UMA debugging #define's
> at the start of uma_core.c.

It was very painfull for me and I don't get result...

#define UMA_DEBUG 1
#define UMA_DEBUG_ALLOC 1
#define UMA_DEBUG_ALLOC_1 1

in uma_core.c kill my machine.
I get tons of crap to serial console.
Server unaccessable over network too.
I ask colocation support for manualy reboot server, for access to
console and boot with old kernel.

Now I update world and kernel to RELENG_6 11/15/2006 00:00:00 UTC

Any other idea?

PS. unionfs switch off now. UMA debug switch off too.

WBR
Dmitriy