nvidia0 em0 shared irq problem persists on dell precision 670

Russell Jackson raj at csub.edu
Thu Nov 9 03:26:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:23:45PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Russell Jackson wrote:
> [ ... ]
> >pnpbios: Bad PnP BIOS data checksum
>
> Did you notice this?  Try reflashing your motherboard to the latest
> available BIOS revision, doing a "load defaults", and then clearing and
> reseting the ESCD.

The box came from Dell with the latest revision already and there hasn't
been a newer one released since. I vaguely remember bringing this up on
the list shortly after the 6.1 release only to be told it was harmless.

I guess I can try reflashing just to be sure.

Thanks,
--
Russell A. Jackson
Network Analyst