SAS Raid - mfi driver

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Wed Nov 1 21:03:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 12:34:22AM +0100, Fredrik Widlund wrote:
> Yes, it forces writeback even when the controller has no BBU. Choosing
> WBack itself will default back to WThru. It's dangerous, but I guess it
> should be much less dangerous than using for example softupdates.

I don't see how it could be *less* dangerous than using softupdates. Any
loss of power while writing and it seems to me that you are going to be
screwed w/o a BBU.

[snip]

--
Bob Willcox                       Possessions increase to fill the space
bob at immure.com                    available for their storage.