kmem leak in tmpmfs?

Greg Rivers gcr+freebsd-stable at tharned.org
Thu May 25 20:21:12 PDT 2006

On Thursday 25 May 2006 19:43, Paul Allen wrote:
> >From Jonathan Noack <noackjr at alumni.rice.edu>, Thu, May 25, 2006 at
> > 07:56:07PM -0400: I am currently running with the following in
> > /etc/rc.conf and haven't experienced any problems:
> > tmpmfs_flags="-S -o async"
>
> Is there a way to accomplish this with an fstab entry?
>
> md	/tmp            mfs     rw,async,-s1024m,-S
>
> no,I don't think so.  But surely it would be better to just fixup the
> standard mount -t path to not call mount_mfs...

Actually there is a way.  I too have not been satisfied with the tmpmfs
features in rc, so for some time now I've simply created a hard link:

	cd /sbin && ln -f mdmfs mount_md

and then used an entry like this in /etc/fstab:

	md		/tmp		md	rw,async,-Sp1777,-s768M	0	0

This works great for me.  A simple patch to mtree could make this hard link
part of the base system.  Nothing else is needed.

--
Greg