Trouble with NFSd under 6.1-Stable, any ideas?

Mark Morley mark at islandnet.com
Wed May 24 11:22:32 PDT 2006

Another data point:

One of our NFS servers is an amd64 based system serving a cluster of web and
email servers.  Under 6.1-RCx it gave us the same (or better) performance than
the server it replaced (which was 4.11).  The server load hovered between 0.x
and 1.x

But after upping it to 6.1-STABLE the load now hovers between 5.x and 6.x with
spikes as high as 8.x, and there has been no change at all in the NFS client
traffic or other loading factors that we can tell.  This in turn makes for slower
NFS client accesses.

I am going to try reverting to an earlier src tree and see if that helps.

Mark

--
Mark Morley
Owner / Administrator