Increase in panics under 6.1

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue May 23 18:57:07 PDT 2006

hi all,
I've seen an increase in panics since upgrading to 6.1 (I'm tracking RELENG_6).
6.1-Release seemed ok, but since updating kernel/world to more recent updates,
I've been having lockups on resume.

I'm using a Thinkpad z60M with ACPI enabled. Info on the machine can be found
here:

http://www.meijome.net/files/freebsd/ayiin_20060524/

The new panic i'm getting is:

---
Dump header from device /dev/ad0s1g
  Architecture: i386
  Architecture Version: 2
  Dump Length: 1072168960B (1022 MB)
  Blocksize: 512
  Dumptime: Fri May 19 21:49:56 2006
  Hostname: ayiin.xxxxx
  Magic: FreeBSD Kernel Dump
  Version String: FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #3: Tue May 16 23:35:52 EST 2006
    root at ayiin.xxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AYIIN
  Panic String: sleeping thread
  Dump Parity: 2510391376
  Bounds: 0
  Dump Status: good
---

I have also have hard locks using DRI with Radeon - on 6.0 it used to just
disable itself. no kernel dump in this case

Locks due to attempting to use iwi after a resume are as bad as during 6.0

How can I help to diagnose / test these issues? ( If there is a solution, i
wouldn't mind having it :-) )

thanks!!
Beto