Messages from rc-scripts are not displayed at all

Wilde, Donald dwilde at sandia.gov
Wed May 17 08:29:35 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Sergei Mozhaisky
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:57 AM
To: freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
Subject: Messages from rc-scripts are not displayed at all

Hello everyone.

Got a problem on FreeBSD 6.1.
After kernel boot messages there are no messages from rc scripts until
login prompt displayed (but rc scripts are started OK).
Boot process looks like:

 Mounting root from /dev/ad0s1 <last kernel message>  <here is a long
pause while rc scripts started>
 FreeBSD/i386 (frenzy) (ttyv0)

 login:

This bug was seen not on all computers. Currently I found 3 PC with this
problem (two on AMD platform, one on Intel). Video adapters on them are
also different.

Any suggestions?

--

.O. | Sergei Mozhaisky
..O | http://frenzy.org.ua/

I am seeing this, too. dmesg is not getting anything from the later
scripting (in my case, notably from /etc/rc.d/iwi.sh). and
/var/log/messages did not get _anything_ on the Gx280 for several days.
These are RELENG_6 from last week (after 6.1 release date) on both a
Dell Gx280 and an Inspiron 6000.

Updated: I just did cvs/build/install world yesterday (Tuesday 5/16) on
the Gx280 and the /var/log/messages log is now getting updates. I'll try
a rebuild on the laptop tonight and see if it clears both problems there
too.

--
Don Wilde    Org 01737    505-844-1126
 I didn't get a toy train like the other kids. I got a toy subway