Ath0, netgear WG311T problem. [SOLVED]

Yann Golanski yann at kierun.org
Wed May 10 23:52:46 PDT 2006

Quoth Fabian Keil on Wed, May 10, 2006 at 20:22:47 +0200
> > > This could be the result of a routing problem.
> > > What's the output of ifconfig and netstat -rn?
> >
> > Yeah, that look like a likely culprit.  How do I change that?
>
> Using two IPs on the same network, with the same netmask
> on two different interfaces at the same time is asking for
> trouble.
>
> You can use route(8) to reconfigure the routes, but unless you
> change xl0's IP when it's down, it will grab the default route
> again.
>
> I guess you never need both NICs on the same network at the
> same time, so why don't you use a script which brings one
> NIC down, removes the IP, flushes all routes, brings the other
> NIC up, sets the IP and reconfigures the routes?

Many thank indeed, that did indeed solve the problem.

Now, all I need to do is to use some encryption and some find some
monitoring software to give me signal strength and things like that.
Any recommendations on either?

--
yann at kierun.org                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318