panic: page fault on freshly installed 6.1 from cvs

Jakob Breivik Grimstveit jakob at grimstveit.no
Wed May 10 16:28:31 PDT 2006

Hi, freebsd-stable,

Just cvsupped and built my own v6.1, and am now unable to boot system.
Boot process proceeds to the USB detection phase, and locks right
after with panic: page fault.

Here is a transcript of what is shown on-screen before crash appears:

nvidia0: <GeForce 6800> mem
0xfa000000-0xfaffffff,0xe8000000-oxeffffff,0xfb000000-0xfbffffff irq
16 at device 0.0 on pci1
WARNING: Device driver "

fault virtual address                   = 0x480008
fault code                              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer                     = 0x20:0xc05936d6
stack pointer                           = 0x28:0xc102079c
frame pointer                           = 0x28:0xc102079c
code segment                            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags                        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process                         = 0 (swapper)
trap number                             = 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 1s

Probably a few minor typos, but you get my drift. What fails here, and
what on earth can I do to be able to boot the box again? KERNCONF
based on GENERIC, but removing RAID, SCSI, all network cards (except
MIIBUS and RA), and added sound and atapicam. Make.conf also excludes
the following:

NO_ATM=YES
NO_AUTHPF=yes
NO_BLUETOOTH=yes
NO_FORTRAN=yes
NO_GAMES=yes
NO_I4B=yes
NO_INET6=YES
NO_IPFILTER=yes
NO_KERBEROS=yes
NO_LPR=yes
NO_OBJC=yes
NO_PF=yes
NO_PROFILE=yes
NO_SENDMAIL=yes
NO_TCSH=yes
NO_USB=yes
NO_VINUM=YES

Hope someone can shed any light on this, I'm completely left in the
blind... Single-user mode boot also fails, of course.

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit - http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob - +47 48298152