6.1-RC and the audit group

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Tue May 9 22:51:57 UTC 2006

Doug White wrote:
> On Sat, 6 May 2006, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>
>> I found that installworld stops, because the 'audit' group has not been
>> created. Now I just pressed 'return' for the default actions during
>> mergemaster -p, but I didn't notice any mention of the audit group.
>
> The default action is to do nothing, so its possible you just missed it as
> you were blazing through. :-)

Just updated another box to 6.1-STABLE, and yes I did 'return' though
it. The reason being mergemaster -p wanted to patch my group file to
remove all the additions (i.e, useful groups and group -> user
associations) as *well* as add the audit group.

Would be possible (or sensible) to 2-stage this sort of thing? i.e:

1/ Add required new groups
2/ Offer to patch 'em back to default.

Cheers

Mark