How to disable libcom_err from being built?

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Sat May 6 20:53:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Peter Losher wrote:

> I have an install base of machines running MIT Krb5 (which have their
> own com_err implementation), and I have always used NO_KERBEROS=true so
> that the integrated Heimdal stuff wouldn't be built during a buildworld.
>  However libcom_err does, and that causes issues when trying to link in
> programs that are linked to MIT Krb5.
>
> What I am asking is - can NO_KERBEROS be extended to cover com_err?

According to src/lib/Makefile, libcom_err is also needed for PAM. Grepping
around it looks like its just picked up for the pam_krb5 and pam_ksu
modules, so this seems like a reasonable request thats easy to implement
in the current framework.

There doesn't appear to be a make.conf option to inhibit libcom_err from
building right now, though. You could always edit it out of
src/lib/Makefile.