quota deadlock on 6.1-RC1

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Fri May 5 19:41:22 UTC 2006

Mark Linimon wrote:
> Make Jakubik wrote:
>

>> FreeBSD users now demand stability and performance, as opposed to an
>> influx of new bells and whistles just before the release [...] I fully
>> understand that this is a volunteer project [...]
>>

> I'm sorry, but the former statement proves the latter false.
>
> Let's try to do our Semi-Annual Refresher Course On Open Source Development:

Mark, you bring up a lot of valid points, which i agree with. Maybe i
needed a refresher. I can certainly understand the developers loosing
interest when they are denied the ability to work on what they are
themselves interested in. Perhaps a frequent release cycle is the
answer. However, i think things should stay in -CURRENT a bit longer
before they make it to -STABLE, i.e. the openbsd dhcp client import
caused a lot of problems. In any case, i am grateful to all the
contributors and quite happy with what FreeBSD is today, so there wont
be any more complains from me on this subject, i vented my steam, and
got a refresh on reality.