devfs on /my/jail/dev ...

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 28 09:27:31 UTC 2006

On 2006.03.27 23:18:21 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I'm missing something here ... I've looked in /etc/defaults/devfs.conf,
> and found that ruleset 4 is what I want for a jail ... so, I issue:
>
> devfs -m /vm/.t19/dev ruleset 4

I can't remember the details right now (other than it's easy to do it
wrong), but basically you need to both filter the existing device
entries and set a ruleset for new entries.

I would suggest simply looking at how the jail rc.d script sets up the
devfs and reading the entire devfs manual page a few times, or even
better simply use the jail rc.d script to set it up.

--
Simon L. Nielsen