Status of FreeBSD/Xen?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Thu Mar 16 20:57:13 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:39:14PM +0000, Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 02:26:42PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > It was the hope, but it hasn't come true.
>
> What about domU? I thought I saw some domU support merged to HEAD
> within the past few months. Even that would be enough for my purposes
> going forward though my group would be happier with dom0.

domU would be perfectly enough for us as well. I would not mind
booting a minimal Linux to run virtual FreeBSD hosts.

I'm looking for some pointers to documents on how to get started?
Cross compile kernel for domU from a -current system? No problem.
But _where_is_ xen support in the source tree?

Thanks,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100