When is the 6.1 branch going to be cut?

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 09:16:36 UTC 2006

On 3/11/06, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> In message: <ef10de9a0603111032o277ae266v54b0226a83975587 at mail.gmail.com>
>             "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> writes:
> : March 5th was the scheduled date, what's the hold up?
>
> I think we're going to see another BETA (BETA4) shortly.  The hold up
> is that there's still enough problems that need to be fixed that the
> release isn't near enough to do the branch.  The schedules are done
> based on a best-guess approach, but in real life there can be a
> deviation between ones best guesses and what actually happens.  Since
> FreeBSD isn't released based on a date[*], but based on when
> things in the branch are good, some slippage is bound to happen from
> time to time.
>
> Warner
>
> [*] We are moving to having the calendar drive more things than in the
> past, but that was done with the understanding that the dates are
> targets and we make choices to get as close to the targets as
> possible.

Thanks for the status update, take all the time you need... All I ask
is you keep the community in the loop.

Have you thought about putting up a page on the website where FreeBSD
committers and core members can easily post news, such as this, in an
informal and/or casual manner?... wiki, blog, etc.

Anyhow,

Thanks for responding to my inquiry.

--
BSD Podcasts @ http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/