Patch for quota deadlock

Matt Houston mhouston at snitz.net
Thu Mar 9 20:32:32 UTC 2006

Hello,

We upgraded out FreeBSD6 amd64 machine to 6-STABLE on Monday, 2006-03-06.
>From there, we applied the quota-deadlock patch (which also seems to be in
the 1.80 version of ufs_quota.c).  Since doing so, we have had no deadlocks
on the machine.  Before the patch, we were experiencing the deadlocks about
every 8 hours in the middle of the day, which is the peak time for its
operation.

The machine is a webserver hosting nearly 1000 small sites, and is now able
to do so quite well since it has stopped crashing ;)

I'd say the patch works!  Thanks!

Matt
Systems Administrator
Successful Hosting