big trouble with /usr/ports/textproc/wv

Peter Guhl pgnews at netzwerkcenter.ch
Thu Mar 9 10:11:28 UTC 2006

Hello all

I have a freshly installed FreeBSD 6.0 and try to
install /usr/ports/mail/imp.

/usr/ports/textproc/wv, part of the dependencies, fails:
configure: error: * * * unable to find libwmf-config; unable to continue
* * *

libwmf is installed. libwmf-config is in /usr/local/bin.

Right now I update the ports tree daily and try to install wv again but
that doesn't seem to lead anywhere. portupgrade -raf is what I am doing
at the moment - not likely it helps...

Any ideas what I could try? Anybody seen this error before?

I already sent this question to freebsd-ports (got told by the Makefile
itself to do so) and to to comp.unix.freebsd.misc. But it starts getting
urgent because this becomes the test-area for the replacement procedure
of our (old!) IMAP- and Webmail-Server.

The most annoying thing is that I did install IMP at least twice by now
without having any compiling-trouble. And, even more, wv doesn't seem to
be important for the goal I have to achieve with this installation.

Regards
   Peter