rpc.lockd brokenness (2)

Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos miguel at anjos.strangled.net
Wed Mar 8 00:30:09 UTC 2006

> From: Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>
> Subject: Re: rpc.lockd brokenness (2)

[...]
> but there's no evidence in the trace that it ever tries to write.  Can
> you also obtain a ktrace -i dump from cron?

The file remains empty.
I really don't know enough about NFS, but isn't that getattr message repeated
some seconds latter, and repeated... (even though it always gets an answer)

The ktrace is in http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~mlsr/ktrace.txt

I'm not sure it's good. I can't see cron.pid there.
I had to reboot to end the process, otherwise I couldn't kill cron and
the trace didn't grow either.

> Also while you're there, could you obtain a binary format tcpdump
> (tcpdump -w) instead?  This may be parsed with tools like ethereal
> which will help with the analysis.

The tcpdump -w is in http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~mlsr/nfs.bin

Thank you
----