Fresh install on gmirror'ed disks?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Fri Mar 3 08:25:24 UTC 2006

Hello!

> Since you have the luxury of doing this at install time, check out the
> instructions at:
>
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html?page=1
>
> It worked for me and I think it's more like what you want than the
> http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200502/diskmirror.html
> approach which is good for converting a system to gmirror.

Keep in mind that this gives you a mirrored ad0 (or da0), not
a mirrored ad0s1 (or da0s1) like Ralf's instructions.

So you must replace a failed disk with one of the same size.
With Ralf's approach you can get any model of equal or bigger size
and just adjust s1 accordingly.

HTH,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100