FreeBSD 6.0 on ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard

O. Hartmann ohartman at uni-mainz.de
Wed Mar 1 10:25:26 UTC 2006

Jim C. Nasby schrieb:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 02:30:48PM +0800, Ganbold wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any issues running FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE (i386 or amd64 version)
>> on machine with ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard? It has NVIDIA RAID option in
>> BIOS and the system has 4x250GB SATA disks. I would like to use its RAID
>> feature if possible, otherwise I'll try gmirror.
>> Please let me know if somebody has experience about it.
>
> I've been unable to make the on-board ethernet work. I don't recall the
> exact error, 'cause I ended up dropping a card into it as a workaround.

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe/Premium motherboard has also a sk0 Gbit NIC onboard,
which is connected to the PCI32 bus system. sk0 works for me, but not
the PCIe-connected nve0, which droped connection from time to time when
I used the box within our lab's network. If you have bought the Deluxe
or Premium version, sk0 device should work but do not expect high
performance. It is about the same like dropping a PCI32-NIC in the system.

Oliver