Weird problem upgrading 5.4 to 6.1

Sergey Shyman sergey.shyman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:44:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have FreeBSD 5.4 box with Intel865 chipset. The 5.4 works fine nearly
a year. But strange troubles happens when I've tried to upgrade to 6.1
(via make buildworld && make kernel).

The loader show me following messages and then hangs when I try to boot
new kernel:

Can't work out which disk we are booting from.
Guessed BIOS device 0xffffffff not found by probes, defaulting to disk0.

Booting with old kernel works fine. Also BIOS see IDE drive. Googling
don't get any relevant info.

I've attached my kernel config. Does anybody have ideas how to fix this?

TIA,
   Sergey Shyman