Canon PIXMA support

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 27 18:38:15 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 07:27:50PM +0300, Ivan Asmer wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm interesting how to run my canon pixma iP 1500 under my honest freebsd.
> As I found in internet this is impossible. Who can say more?

If it's not listed at the following link, you're probably out of luck:

http://www.freestandards.org/printing/public/printer_list.cgi?make=Canon

In general, check compatibility with FreeBSD before you buy. If you can
afford one, get a printer that understands the Postscript printing
language and has a parallel port. That will Just Work.

Roland