acpi: bad read from port 0x021 (8) acpi: bad write to port 0x021 (8), val 0xfb

bazzoola bazzoola at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 02:28:52 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I sync'd my src tree for 6.1-stable recently then I updated my system.
Now I keep getting:

acpi: bad read from port 0x021 (8)
acpi: bad write to port 0x021 (8), val 0xfb

I searched the mailing list I found one useful entry however, he had
the same problem and no one replied to him.
Attached is my dmesg. I am not sure if my ACPI is faulty. Or is this
a normal behavior?
I have beening following the stable branch for years this is the
first time I get it.
If more info is needed I am more than happy to send it.

Thanks!