6.1-R ? 6-Stable ? 5.5-R ?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Jun 9 07:09:49 UTC 2006

Massimo Lusetti <massimo at cedoc.mo.it> wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > There have been quite a lot of bug fixes (including NFS-
 > > related, IIRC) in the weeks before the release.  Therefore
 > > I recommend that you update to RELENG_6_1.
 >
 > Did you mean RELENG_6, right?

No, I meant RELENG_6_1, which is the security fix branch
for 6.1-Release.  Albert wrote that he would prefer not
to use RELENG_6 (a.k.a. "6-stable") on a production machine,
therefore my recommendation is RELENG_6_1.

Of course, there might be good reasons to run RELENG_6
anyway, in case that significant NFS fixes have gone in
after the release (which I'm not aware of).  But that
decision is up to Albert himself.

Best regards
   Oliver

Passwords are like underwear.  You don't share them,
you don't hang them on your monitor or under your keyboard,
you don't email them, or put them on a web site,
and you must change them very often.