FTP - Large file transfers (6.1)

David Samms dsamms at nw-ds.com
Wed Jun 7 01:40:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 14:19 -0400, Brian Tao wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, David Samms wrote:
> >
> > I patched the two files and rebuild world, the kernel, and pureFTP.
> > I have retested the default FTP and pureFTP with the same failure.
> >
> > Anyone know how I can get more debug info?
>
>     Have you attempted the same FTP test over loopback using local
> filesystems only, to eliminate external network factors and NIC driver
> faults?

I brought in a new machine and built it with 6.1 i386 and tested then
again with AMD64 and retested.  FTP transfers from the new server are
always successful even with the the same network card, switch, and
cables.

Thanks for your help.  I am considering the issue resolved.  Guess my
test box is a bit flaky.