6.1 buildkernel question

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Sun Jun 4 01:25:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, doug at safeport.com wrote:

> My system works, however the buildkernel process had about 2000
> warnings, with 1/2 of those compiling aic7xxx (see below). This was
> discussed on BSDForums but as far as I can tell, different compiler
> options were used; the conclusion was using -O3 was the problem.

Using compilation options other than the defaults (except for options
enabled through the CPUTYPE make.conf option) is not recommended or
supported. Bug reports about compile errors or warnings while non-standard
options are enabled will be ignored.

That being said:

> ./machine/bus.h:221: warning: inlining failed in call to 'bus_space_read_1': --p
> aram inline-unit-growth limit reached

This is normal. We're not entirely sure how we're hitting the limit in
this component, but the warning is harmless. You may safely ignore this
message.