smb_maperror: Unmapped error 1:158

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Thu Jan 26 14:21:35 PST 2006

Anyone know what the problem is? I've searched around, and people have
reported this as far as the 4.x days, however no one ever replied to any
of these reports. In some cases, people report lockups of machines and
slow downs accessing the share. In my case, i am experiencing a slow down.

I pointed rhythmbox to my media library, which is mounted from a samba3
server on another fbsd box and this is what i see in the logs:

Jan 26 17:01:47 desktop kernel: smb_maperror: Unmapped error 1:158
Jan 26 17:02:18 desktop last message repeated 52 times
Jan 26 17:04:19 desktop last message repeated 646 times
Jan 26 17:14:20 desktop last message repeated 6342 times

//ROOT at FBSD/DATA     73G     21G     51G    29%    /mnt/data