PCMCIA USB card problems

[LoN]Kamikaze LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de
Sun Jan 22 11:32:47 PST 2006

I've got an 4 Port PCMCIA connector with a VIA chipset.
The manual claims it's an OHCI/EHCI device, but FreeBSD identifies it as
an VIA 83C572 UHCI device. After the identification there is a
nonesaying errormessage and the system crashs.

Compiling the kernel without UHCI I get the following output when I put
the card into the slot:

cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0xff
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=100
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=20, size=20
cardbus0: <serial bus, USB> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0xff
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=100
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=20, size=20
cardbus0: <serial bus, USB> at device 0.1 (no driver attached)
cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0xff
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=10, size=100
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=100
ehci1: <VIA VT6202 USB 2.0 controller> mem
0xc0208000-0xc02080ff,0xc0209000-0xc02090ff irq 11 at device 0.2 on cardbus0
ehci1: [GIANT-LOCKED]
usb1: EHCI version 1.0
usb1: wrong number of companions (2 != 0)
usb1: unrecoverable error, controller halted
usb1: blocking intrs 0x10
usb1: run timeout
ehci1: USB init failed err=13
device_attach: ehci1 attach returned 5

The system doesn't crash, but obviously it doesn't work either. Anyway
that output looks more useful, maybe someone here can give me a hint, or
is the chipset simply not supportet (the VIA 83C572 is in the supportet
hardware list, but I don't know weather that realy is the chipset or
just what FreeBSD thinks it is).