Config meet your kernel

nathan_p_maier at comcast.net nathan_p_maier at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 17:54:08 PST 2006

Hi,
I cannot "make buildkernel" after cvsup from 5.3 to 6-stable doing src-all and ports-all in my cvsup supfile.  Then I built my world.  Now I get this message when I try "make buildkernel":

-----snip
386/conf/GENERIC
ERROR: version of config(8) does not match kernel!
config version = 500013, version required = 600003

Make sure that /usr/src/usr.sbin/config is in sync
with your /usr/src/sys and install a new config binary
before trying this again.

If running the new config fails check your config
file against the GENERIC or LINT config files for
changes in config syntax, or option/device naming
conventions

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
dhcppc2#

I've done cvsup and buildworld several times.
I hope that this is enough info.
-Nathan M.