aaccli on recent conrollers?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Dec 27 08:28:11 PST 2006

On Dec 27, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Andrew N. Below wrote:

> Latest Adaptec drivers released at 25 Oct 2006, aaccli says "Copyright
> 1998-2002"...
>
> Maybe someone already tried to contact Adaptec?

I did a diff of the adaptec sources and the ones in freebsd 6.2-
PRERELEASE and there are mostly minor differences (the device name
changes, for example.)

I'm in touch with Scott Long regarding sponsoring some work in this
area to create a command line utility for monitoring the status on
these new controllers.  He's waiting for some libraries from Adaptec
at this point.

If you're interested in sharing the cost of this work please let me
know.  So far everyone else who's contacted me regarding this issue
has not committed any money, which is fine.  If I have to pay for the
whole thing I will, because I believe in giving back to the community.