p5-Quota issues

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Dec 14 09:06:46 PST 2006

Olivier Mueller wrote:
 > I'm trying to get a script working with the p5-Quota module, but no
 > way... :
 > - quota correctely working for the /home partition
 > - tested with edquota/repquota, etc.
 >
 > But when trying to retrieve information or setup quota information from
 > a perl script, I get:   Quota::sync: error #45

I guess that's an errno number, and in that case 45 is
EOPNOTSUPP (Operation not supported).  It is a bug that
the errno number is not printed as a human-readable
string.

Did you try to use Quota::query?  Does it work?

 > But what bothers me more is that exactely the same script (with the
 > same module) is working fine under linux...

According to the p5-Quota documentation, the Quota::sync
function is not supported on all platforms, so it's
perfectly possible that the p5-Quota code supports it
on Linux, but not on FreeBSD.

Best regards
   Oliver

"Perl will consistently give you what you want,
unless what you want is consistency."
        -- Larry Wall